Chesneau Fischel accompanies businesses in the management of tax issues they encounter on a day-to-day basis and with their external growth or restructuring operations.
Its practice with tax procedures makes the Firm a preferred partner for companies in their dealings with government departments, both for consultancy work (for obtaining and implementing a special tax system) and in disputes, to assist the company and its executives facing a tax inspection, and to defend them whenever the dispute is taken before the courts.
His closeness to the players in the airport sector also leads the firm to advise companies handling international goods flows on setting up economic customs systems.
In addition, the Firm is involved with executives in order to optimize the different components of their remuneration (salary, stock options, allocation of free shares), their personal fortune and their investments.
Fields of expertise
The Firm’s lawyers intervene on the following issues :
Advice to businesses
- Tax audit in connection with buying and selling transactions
- Obtaining and monitoring of tax approvals (takeover of companies experiencing financial difficulties, partial assets transfer)
- Determination of the tax incidence of restructuring operations (registration duties, added values, deficits carried over)
- Management of tax inspections and disputes: assistance with accounts auditing, preparing the response to the proposed reassessment, referral to the administrative commissions (CDIDTCA, etc.) and to the courts
Advice to private individuals
- Advice to company executives on the tax impact of investment or de-investment transactions
- Transfer of domicile (exit tax, determination of the taxation system relating to different revenues depending on tax agreements against double taxation)
- Determination and implementation of the customs system applicable to the importing, transport and clearance of goods for home use
- Conduct of dispute proceedings (notably before the customs conciliation and assessment commission, the tax, customs and exchange dispute committee or the legal jurisdictions)